MANTLE OF power through Daniel Olukoya
1 Corinthians 4:20-24
MANTLE OF power
Dr. D. k. Olukoya
Sons of God, God has designed school of power for His people to permit them to flow in his tremendous power at the fullness of time. whilst we talk of going through the school of power, it way to pass through a studying method, and with remarkable expectation that at the end of the day, you will prevail. Many people will join in a school but not all of them will finish the programme. some will pass whilst others will fail. a few will fail due to unseriousness, nonchalance, lack of knowledge, or their incapability to address the rigour involved. Others will pass because they may comply with the teachings and discipline. Even the ones with a purpose to succeed will come out in special grades. I want you to believe that you will succeed in Jesus’ name. The questions are: Do you honestly desire to have power? Are you inclined to pay the price, something it may cost a little? in case your answer is within the affirmative, then you are equipped to obtain the mantle of power.
whilst we communicate about the mantle of power, we are speaking of an outward manifestation of God’s power. 1 Corinthians 4:20: “For the kingdom of God isn’t in word, however in power.” Acts of the Apostles 1:8: “but ye shall obtain power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.” The word “power” right here is got from the Greek word “dunamis” from which we get the word dynamite. So, we can say, “You shall receive “dunamis” after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you.”
Dynamite is a powerful explosive used in mining. it’s far used to break mountains. It means that once the power of the Holy Spirit comes upon you, it’s going to ruin each obstacle to the honour of God. when the power comes upon you, each problem in your way will be exploded. This power will only come across you when you yield your life unto the Lord. this is why Isaiah 55:12 says, “For yea shall go out with pleasure, and be led forth with peace: the mountains and the hills shall break forth before you into singing, and all of the trees of the field shall clap their hands.”
there is a going forth and a being led forth. whilst the Bible says you will go out with pleasure, it method that it’s far possible to go out with unhappiness. numerous people exit and come again pissed off and unaccomplished. It says you shall be led forth with peace; this is speaking about the peace of God being with you even when you walk through a horrific environment. The Bible says that as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they’re the sons of God. because the Spirit of God leads you forth in this darkish world, you’ll be at peace. The mountains and hills stated in that passage refer to obstacles to your way; such hindrances will break forth into singing. And all the trees of the field shall clap their hands. the whole lot will work to your peace. when the power of the Holy Spirit comes upon you, it will split all the obstacles and they will give glory to the Lord. this is why you want the mantle of power.
Why do we need the mantle of power?
1. To witness Christ to the world: Acts of the Apostles 1:8 makes us to remember that the mantle of power will allow us to be God’s witnesses. anyplace you pass, the fullness of Christ will spring forth through you.
2. To do exploit for God: Daniel 11:32: “but the people that do know their God will be strong, and do exploits.” In hard situations, such people will be able to prevail by the reason of the mantle of power.
3. The mantle of power is an logo of God’s presence: The presence of God causes terror to the enemies all the time. Psalms 16:11 : “In thy presence, is fulness of joy; at thy proper hand there are pleasures for evermore.” The joy of the Lord swells in you as the mantle of power falls upon you.
4. For ransom from destroyers: Hosea 13:14: “i will ransom them from the power of the grave; i can redeem them from loss of life: O death I will be thy plagues; O grave, I will be thy destruction: repentance shall be hid from mine eyes.” You want the mantle of power to be free from the powers of the destroyers. The enemy is out to steal, to kill and to ruin. however through this power, you’ll be preserved.
5. For the manifestation of Christ: Jesus, who’s seated on the proper hand of power, said, “All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.” He surely offers this power to as many as believe completely on Him. So, His manifestation is the mantle of power.
6. To prevent our hearts from fainting: Isaiah 40:29: “He giveth power to the faint; and to them that haven’t any might, he increaseth strength.” The mantle of power is wanted to reinforce our hearts due to the fact a lot of people nowadays can not cope with the state of affairs of the prevailing world. Satanic technology is advancing and the fee of growth of many Christians nowadays isn’t always adequate to resist it. due to this, a number of people are fainting and cannot virtually stand for the Lord. however the Bible says that God gives power to the faint and to them that don’t have any would possibly He increases their strength.
7. To put together us as God’s battle axes: We need the mantle of power to emerge as God’s conflict axes. because the warfare with the dominion of darkness is getting fiercer there is need for us to do away with the works of darkness and placed on the armour of mild.
HOW DO YOU acquire THE MANTLE OF power
allow us to keep in mind the case of Elisha. 1 kings 19:19 – 21: “So he departed thence, and observed Elisha the son of Shaphat, who become ploughing with twelve yoke of oxen earlier than him, and he with the twelfth: and Elijah passed by him, and cast his mantle upon him. And he left the oxen, and ran after Elijah, and said, allow me, I pray thee, kiss my father, and my mother, after which i will comply with thee. And he stated unto him, go back again: for what have I performed to thee? And he returned again from him, and took a yoke of oxen, and slew them, and boiled their flesh with the instruments of the oxen, and gave unto the people, and they did eat. Then he arose, and went after Elijah, ministered unto him.”
The passage is talking about the call of Elisha. The Lord led Elijah to forged his mantle on him, indicating God’s call on his life. we are able to analyze a few lessons from this passage.
1. The immediate response of Elisha to God’s name: The Bible says he ran after Elijah. a whole lot of us nowadays know that God is calling us to particular matters, however we find excuses to postpone our reaction to His call. We procrastinate and by way of this, abuse His grace upon our lives. so that you can get hold of the mantle of power, you have to at once respond to God’s call. a number of us would say that until this and which are fulfilled in our lives, we would not be equipped to respond. if you sincerely desire the mantle of power for your self, you need to make up your mind to respond urgently to God’s call.
2. Elisha made preparations to comply with Elijah diligently without looking back: He determined to provide his parents a parting kiss. The Bible says that he took a yoke of oxen, slew them and boiled the flesh with the device of the oxen and gave people to eat. He prepared a farewell party with all he had to tell his family that he was leaving them to follow the Lord whole heartedly and there would not be an event to turn back although the way becomes difficult. and even if he desired to look back, there would be not anything to look back on.
there’s a need so that it will prepare your self as you respond to God’s call. You want to be ready to undergo whatever it’s going to cost you to follow the Lord. You want to make sure that you aren’t following Him just due to the earthly blessings that you may get hold of, however due to the eternal value attached. You want to count the cost if you need the mantle of power due to the fact if there may be something pulling you back as you respond, the fullness of the power will now not be made happen on your life. there may be a want for you to prepare your house, check yourself and environment, due to the fact you cannot get hold of the mantle of power and be idle. God will endue you with power for a purpose. And the purpose can be hard but you may make arrangements for it.
The Israelites had no water until they dug the ditches. (2 Kings 3:16). there has been no recovery for Naaman until he had the seven dips. there was no oil until the vessels were amassed. And Jesus did not turn water to wine till the vessels had been filled with water. There may be no harvest until the floor has been broken up. so you want to break your fallow ground. There can be no reconciliation without repentance, and no entrance into heaven with out being cleansed by the blood of the Lamb.
liked, you need to count the cost and be geared up to pay the price. what is the price? You should be equipped to surrender your life and lay your all at the altar of God.
3. Elisha did now not make provision for any eventuality: He did no longer try to hold anything he could fall again on in case things did now not go on nicely with the call of God. The Bible says that he slew the oxen with the instrument thereof and it was not done steadily. He submitted absolutely. unlike quite a few people might say, “i am attempting, allow me do it gradually.” God desires a whole submission. a variety of people aren’t flowing deeply in the power of God because they’re yielding step by step. They don’t want to present all unto the Lord. They still keep in mind a few matters within the world dear to them higher than the riches of God’s glory. The Bible says that when bidding his family farewell, Elisha arose and went after Elijah, and became his servant.
there’ll no longer be a quickening by the Holy Spirit until we are geared up to give our all unto the Lord. the glory of the Lord will now not be made manifest till all is laid at the altar. Elisha observed God diligently and the fullness of His power got here upon him. 2 Kings 2:11-14: “And it came to pass, as they still went on, and talked, that, behold, there seemed a chariot of fire, and horses of fire, and parted them each asunder; and Elijah went up with the aid of a whirlwind into heaven. And Elisha noticed it, and he cried, My father, my father, the chariot of Israel, and the horsemen thereof. And he saw him no more: and he took hold of his very own clothes, and lease them in two portions. He took up additionally the mantle of Elijah that fell from him, and went back, and stood through the bank of Jordan; And he took the mantle of Elijah that fell from him, and smote the waters, and said, in which is the lord God of Elijah? and while he additionally had smitten the waters, they parted hither and thither: and Elisha went over.” He finally obtained the mantle of power.
Elijah instructed him that for him to have a double part of his power, he ought to be diligent till he saw Elijah taken up. when the whirlwind from heaven became taking Elijah up, one might have expected that Elisha could first lay keep of the mantle of power, which turned into his priority. but the first issue he did, in line with the Bible, become to tear his garment into two earlier than laying keep on the mantle. a number of us are in a haste to go with the flow within the power of God with out being prepared to pay the price.
The Bible says lease your hearts and not your clothes. earlier than laying preserve at the mantle of power, there’s need on the way to rend your heart. while you rend your heart, then you’ll rend the heavens and the power will fall on you. The incapacity to rend the heart, which is a sign of unbrokenness has sealed up the heavens towards many. For the heavens to open unto you, there’s a want to break your heart before the Lord. For a broken and a contrite heart, God will not despise. whilst you are broken before the Lord, you will get hold of the mantle of power. there’s a want as a way to rend your hearts nowadays if indeed you need to go with the flow inside the power of God. In each issue of your life, show forth His victory in each place by way of rending your heart. you then shall be His actual witness and an brand of His presence.
it is God’s desire to endue us with power. however are you organized to pay the price? Are you willing to put all at His altar?
without this mantle of power, powers of darkness will operate in a more size and a variety of people will be rendered captive. God isn’t always simply calling us to return, warm the chairs and shout Alleluia. He is looking us to confound the works of darkness in our surroundings. a number of us are falling quick of this because of our incapacity to lay all on the altar.
you can take the decision to come back all out for Him now with none further delay in order that he will not leave you behind. If there’s some thing on your life which you find hard to give up for the Lord, take a bold faith closer to conquering it. keep in mind that His grace is sufficient for you.
1. O Lord, I rend my heart today before You, in the name of Jesus.
2. O God, endue me now with the mantle of power, in the name of Jesus.
3. O Lord, permit your glory overshadow my life, in the name of Jesus.
4. Pray that the Holy Spirit must placed the sword of victory to your hand.
5. I paralyze every evil counsel against me, in the name of Jesus.
6. let each evil priest ordained towards me receive confusion, in the name of Jesus.
7. My body reject each evil arrow, in the name of Jesus.
8. every spirit of war working against this country, be paralysed, in the name of Jesus.
9. all of the satanic agents making plans hassle for this nation, be paralysed, in the name of Jesus.
10. let the spirit of peace reign in this country, in the name of Jesus.The blood of Jesus work towards every power of darkness running against my life, in the name of Jesus.
2. Father Lord, fill me afresh along with your fire, in the name of Jesus.
3. I refuse to give up at the threshold of my step forward, inside the name of Jesus.
4. let the fire of God consume every drawback to my spiritual breakthrough, in the name of Jesus.
5. I loose myself from any bondage by using the power in the blood of Jesus, in Jesus’ name.
6. permit the arrows of fire locate my oppressors and cut them into pieces, in Jesus’ name.
7. let the stone of hearth hit the brow of my Goliath, inside the name of Jesus.
8. I reject every spirit of fear, in the name of Jesus.
For more words on d.k olukoya sermon